Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Man Arrested After Alleged Assault At Racine Bar

armando-barrios Armando Barrios Sr, of Racine has been charged with felony Substantial Battery-Intend Bodily Harm. He was given a $1,000 cash bond after appearing in Racine Court on Monday October 31,2016.

According to the criminal complaint on October 30,2016 at 8:20 p.m. Racine Police were dispatched to Cackle Jacks located at 3620 Northwestern Ave reference an assault. Upon arrival officers found the victim still on the phone with Racine County Dispatch, with his face covered in blood from cuts to his right eyebrown and nose.

The victim told officers he was assaulted inside the bar by the defendant and another party. The victim stated that he had been watching the Packer game and when he was getting ready to leave the defendant told the victim he “wasn’t going anywhere”. The victim states that the defendant began beating him and believe he went unconscious because the next thing he remembers was being dragged out the back door by the defendant and another party, the complaint states.

According to the criminal complaint the defendant allegedly then pointed a black semi-automatic handgun at the victim. The victim then ran over to the Rogans Parking lot and called 911.

Officers spoke to the bartender who stated that there were 4 male parties but did not know their names. The bartender told police he went to the bathroom where he hear a commotion coming from the bar including bar stools tipping. When the bartender exited the bathroom he stated he observed the victim bleeding leaning up against the bar, saw blood on the bar and floor and stools knocked over. The bartender told the defendant and another party to get the victim out of the bar, the criminal complaint reads.

The complaint states that officers spoke to the defendant and he denied knowing how the victims face was injured. Officers noted that the defendants left hand pinky and ring finger were bleeding and had injuries. The defendant told police he had gotten angry during the game and punched the wall. Officers stated that the defendant was intoxicated and not being truthful throughout his interaction with him.