Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Faulty Kitchen fan to blame for Monday morning fire on Bate Street

RFD logoOn August 1, 2016, a homeowner awoke to his smoke alarm sounding. He exited the building and called 911 from a neighbor’s home.The Racine Fire Department and Racine Police Department were dispatched to 2336 Bate Street for a structure fire. Engine Five arrived on scene and called this a working fire with smoke showing and quickly attacked the fire. The fire was contained to the kitchen area with light smoke damage throughout. No injuries were reported and the home was turned over to the home owner who was contacting his insurance company. The cause of the fire is said to be a Malfunctioning Vent Fan / Kitchen and caused an estimated $4,000 in damages.